Monday, June 20, 2005

Sketch #11

Struggling a bit today. Not sure how best to go about this one, so bear with me. It's a 30 second TV ad.



V/O For too long, poverty has been a constant issue in Australia. Unemployed, teen mothers and pensioners swell the ranks of the underclass every day.

(cliched images of poor people doing poor people things, like sitting around looking hopeless)

That's why the Federal Government's new EAT THE POOR program will solve both poverty and hunger in Australia forever.

Starting from July 1, all poor will be farmed, thus meeting World Health Organisation guidelines for livestock production. They will be corn-fed, watered, and given fresh hay to sleep on. In return, they will receive a humane death, be segmented and distributed to the public via all Woolworths outlets.

POOR PEOPLE - THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

written and authorised by B. Karma Melbourne

******

let the hate e-mail flow.

Told me something
Blogger Ova Girl told me...

don't be so paranoid! I think you're onto something here! I laughed at the slogan, good setup. And I loved the 'other white meat' tag.

Had this image of a quick scene (before the tag) of a dinnerparty where the hostess proudly announces she's serving White Trash Risotto and someone peers in and pulls an uggboot out of the pot...

actually on 2nd thoughts, i like it just as it is!
Keep going BK!! 11 down and 19 to go!!

6:32 pm  
Blogger Brownie told me...

if it's awful . . why am I laughing?
sounds like an idea Amounda would throw her weight behind.

7:51 pm  
Blogger Lord Sedgwick told me...

"Beulah, peel me some poor white trash."

7:54 pm  
Blogger Lord Sedgwick told me...

Jeez Cuz, youse beat me by a short half nose ... parson's that is.

7:55 pm  
Blogger Burnt Karma told me...

Remember, Bob Hawke did promise us that by 1990, no children would be living in poverty.
He just didn't have the specs worked out.

I can just see Amounda now: Give me the babies, I want to eat the babies!!!!

9:08 pm  
Blogger Bugsy told me...

Oh that's funny. I am imagining a whole new range of cooking shows now. Sure puts a spin on "special guest" or "We are having them over for dinner". LOL.

9:58 pm  
Blogger Jeremy told me...

Ah, but that's a good one.

As commentary it is, if you'll pardon the expression, biting...

*flees*

11:36 pm  
Blogger Lord Sedgwick told me...

Title for one the "whole new range of cooking shows"?

"Guess Who's Braising for Dinner". Presented by Sidney Poitroast and
Katharine Hepburnt-Offerings. (Warning: May contain Tracys of Spencer.)

"Tonight we're doing a delicious spanish dish. Here's Juan we prepared earlier."

Seriously *fleas* ...

7:37 am  
Blogger Burnt Karma told me...

hahahahangngngngnhahaha *chortle*

Just realised we'd be solving unemployment as well! Would you like to work IN an abatoir, or be worked ON in an abatoir?

8:31 am  
Blogger The Hack told me...

Comedy gold, BK. Where were you when OZ TV networks were putting to air complete gack like Bingles and All Togerther Now?

9:44 am  
Anonymous Robert Merkel told me...

Are you going to give cowriting credit to Jonathan Swift?

Still, if you're going to borrow ideas, at least you're borrowing good ideas :)

12:58 pm  
Blogger Burnt Karma told me...

You serious Robert? Bugger, I knew the idea was too good to be mine! Now that I think about it, didn't they lock kids up and eat them in "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"?

Which leads me to this thought - are there any new ideas left, or is it just in the telling?

1:34 pm  
Anonymous Robert Merkel told me...

No, there probably aren't, but don't worry about it. South Park sums up the problem neatly in the episode "Simpsons Already Did It".

If you're curious, the original essay by Swift can be read here

3:07 pm  
Anonymous Johnny Adman told me...

Cut out around 16 words, and it'd be great!

6:57 pm  
Blogger Hoots told me...

Just found your blog and stole the sketch.
Funny stuff!

10:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counters